TRUE EVALUATION OF ASFALT MIX AND ITS FUNCTIONAL AND PHYSICAL CONSTITUENTS IS POSSIBLE.
Here, we won’t analyze and object the questionable validity of prevailing QC/QA criteria.
We won’t explain why those based on superior RATIONAL ASPHALT TECHNOLOGY®© ARE THE ONLY VALID ONES (see the logic).
We Will Just Address This Tremendously Important Issue.
There are three important questions:
1. How Reliable Are The Prevailing World Testing Methods Concerning Both – The Constituents and The Asphalt Mixture?
2. How One Can Be Sure That Test Results In Any Given Situation Are Representative?
How ALWAYS To Stay
On Safe Side? Either By Doing The
It Is TRUE That All ‘MAIN’ Conventional Testing Procedures Could Be Extremely Unreliable Leading To Erroneous Data Collection IF Precautionary Measures Are Not In Place Before And During Testing. The ’tricky’ testing procedures (ASTM/ASHTO and/or Any Other World Standard Equivalent) are the following:
· BULK SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF COMPACTED SPECIMEN (AASHTO T312 & T166 / ASTM D6752)
· MAXIMUM SPECIFIC GRAVITY (AASHTO T 208)
· Coarse Aggregate Specific Gravity and Water Absorption
· Fine Aggregates Specific Gravity and Water Absorption
· Binder Content and Gradation Determination (AASHTO T 308 Modified)
· Recovered Blended Aggregate Gradation (AASHTO T 30 Mod.)
· Gradation in Accordance With AASHTO T11 & T 27
· Moisture Content in Accordance With AASHTO T 255
· Tensile Strength Ratio in Accordance With AASHTO T 283 Mod. Etc.
Instead, the ASPHALT EXPERT SYSTEM®© offers several outstanding alternatives and reliable ‘in house’ testing methods.
One of them Is, For instance, Determination Of Porosity - Ultra Reliable, Simple, Inexpensive Testing Method for Determination of Densities and Porosities of Stone Skeleton Particles in Two Mediums). See the form bellow.