ASPHALT EXPERT SYSTEM ®© FAQ:
How To Optimize Binder Type And Grade?
A. COMPREHENSIVE BINDER PERFORMANCE BASED SELECTION IS POSSIBLE USING
International Asphalt Expert
The chemical properties that have been investigated are:
· Asphalt–modifier/additive interactions
· Asphalt–water interactions
· Chemical and physical analyses
· Mastics and Thin Film Behavior
· Oxidative aging
There are four important areas were significant answers were found:
1. How Crude Oil Origin, Way Of Processing, And AC Manufacturing Influences Rheology Of Binder?
2. How To Establish Physically Valid And Reliable Relations Between Binder Performance And Traffic And Climatic Parameters?
3. How To Assure Chemically Interactive Compatibility between Original Binder And Its Modifier(s)
4. How To Increase Moisture Resistance Of Original or Modified Binder?
All Conventional AC/Bitumen Testing Data Are Prone To Free Interpretations Unless Seen Through The Prism Of Rational Asphalt Technology®©.
ASPHALT EXPERT SYSTEM®© offers the unique capabilities for AC Property Validation.
ONLY IF TRULY NEEDED Modification Is Suggested.
The following parameters were taken into account:
Traffic, Climate, Binder: Origin, Processing, Chemical Composition, Modifier Properties, Binder-Modifier Chemical Compatibility Indicator.
This Selection and Rational T Guidance, in great majority of cases, Guarantees not only Smooth Manufacturing and Workability during Placement and Compaction, but also Substantial Slow Down in Weathering Cycle (Prevention Against Premature ‘Aging’).
Urgent Alternative Solutions Are Also Possible!!!
(See the screenshot form bellow)